Friday, February 17, 2012

Thursday Night Dinner

I had my camera on the counter to take a picture of last nights dinner and I totally forgot!!
But what we had was Pork chops with mustard and breadcrumbs, Kale chips, and Twice Baked potatoes! It was all yummy!
The pork chops were simple, actually the whole dish was. But for the pork chops I just salt and pepper the meat (I used bone-in chops) whisk a egg with salt and pepper and 2 tbsp. of whole grain mustard, dunk the chops, let excess drip off and coat with a equal parts of a mixture of panko bread crumbs and seasoned flour. I fried them in some leftover bacon fat from the bacon I fried up for the potatoes.
For the Kale Chips, cut ribs out of kale, rip into 2-inch pieces, wash and dry. Toss in EVOO and salt. Put on cookie sheet and bake at 275 for 20 mins, turning once or twice.
For Twice baked potatoes, assemble your mise en place:) Fry up some bacon, save fat. Steam some broccoli. Grate some cheddar. Bake potatoes in oven for an hour at 350. Once cool to touch, cut in half and scoop out centers, put potatoes in a bowl, mash with bacon fat, and a little cream or milk. Then fold in broccoli, bacon, and cheddar. Season. Spoon back in potato skins and top with more cheddar cheese. Put in oven under broiler until cheese is melted. I serve this a mixture or, sour cream, horseradish sauce, ranch dressing, S & P, 1 clove of garlic, scallions, and cheddar cheese.  I really don't like to eat these potatoes with this sauce!
The kale chips are definitely worth trying! I really like them. A great healthy snack!

1 comment:

  1. It all sounds yummy Kate - I can't wait to try the kale chips!

    ReplyDelete