Sunday, April 14, 2013

Cinnamon bun fake out

I was just so proud of myself so had to share. In trying to use things we had in the cupboard, we have to Carmel monkey bread mixes. I'm not a big fan of the Carmel monkey bread and rolling out all the balls is just too much for me. So I got the idea to try to make cinnamon buns with the mix. After consulting with my personally baking expert, I proceed to make the sweet yeast bread, let it rise, roll it out, top with some butter, the sugar mixture the mix comes with and some walnuts. Roll it up, cut it up, top with a little more sugar mixture and walnuts. I put mine in the fridge over night, got up at 6 and put it in the counter to rise some more. After about an hour and half, Drizzle a little honey on them,popped them in a 350 oven for 30 mins and wala!! Yum!!

1 comment:

  1. They came out great! I would never have thought to use that mix for cinnamon buns!

    ReplyDelete